Sunday, July 4, 2010

New Discovery!!! MUST READ!!!

Ok, so I was looking for a cheaper way to get glimmer mist because they can be very expensive for just a couple of oz. I tried various ways to make glimmer mist. Yes, I, like many of you bought the Pearl Ex powders and mixed them with glue, water, and ink.... This can be very easy but not very affordable for some because these powders cost on average $25 dollars.

I asked myself, "How can I make glimmer mist without the powders???"

So, today I had an idea....

What if I combine my unused metallic paint with water???
So, i did and the results were intriguing. I couldn't believe my eyes. The mixture looked like glimmer mist! So I tried it......

And BAM! I had glimmer mist!

All I did was mix my Acrylic metallic pain with water and a drop of glue.... I say try it. The paint was less than $2, the bottle was$0.97, the clear glue (elmer's) was $1 and the water was free...
I have glimmer that is going to last me forever and it was all made for less than $4.

Below are the items I used.

I don't know if you can see it but trust me when I tell you that it works!
Even in black cardstock!


Please comment this blog if you used this technique...

No comments:

Post a Comment